· Ensure all children in care are safe and that child protection issues are addressed according to statutory and organisation policies.
· Ensure all case management processes are followed and that all the domains of children’s wellbeing are addressed and Permanency Pathways are identified in a timely manner.
· Ensure the systems that are in place to meet legislative guideline and statutory requirement pertaining to PSP are met.
· Work in conjunction with the Placement & Recruitment team to ensure new placements are made according to best practice principles, policies and procedures.
· Participate in the Carer Review processes and their completion according to legislative requirements.
· Authorise financial payments according to delegated financial responsibility.
· Provide monthly operational supervision for up to 9 staff members.
· In conjunction with Case Coordinators convene regular Care team circle of support meetings reflective of the individual children’s care requirements for each child in care.
· Convene and chair fortnightly (minimum) staff meetings of local PSP team.
· In conjunction with the Ops Manager and other managers, lead and support of the team through significant changes related to the PSP and the new CTARS system.
· Support staff, families and carers to shift towards a more therapeutic way of operating under the role in line with the ARC model.
· Manage changes to case plan goal and financial plans within budget for allocated children and young people.
· Ensuring reporting requirements are met with internal and external stakeholders to avoid abatements.