Care Team Worker (1)
As a Care Team Worker, you will be responsible for the provision of therapeutic care and support within the homes of NDIS participants who reside in CatholicCare’s community based supported accommodation homes or within their own accommodation. Care Team Workers actively work with the participants to assist them to live as independently as possible in the community. There are 2 Care Team Worker roles available based in Mayfield, working casual flexible hours within a 24hour/7 days a week roster.
Day-to-day tasks include supporting people to dress, maintain hygiene, cook and clean and assisting the participants meet their hopes, dreams and aspirations as identified and outlined in their lifestyle plans plans. CatholicCare supports the ethos of the NDIS and promotes choice and control for each of the people we support.
Care Team Workers must have a strong commitment to working as part of an end to end therapeutic care team where reflection leads to better practice and the needs of the participants are the primary consideration at all times.
- Cert III in Community Services, Disabilities or Mental Health or equivalent or willingness to attain
- Minimum two years’ experience working with people with a disability or lived experience
- An understanding and commitment to the principals of therapeutic care in a support accommodation environment
- Excellent domestic skills including meal preparation and cooking, washing and cleaning
- Demonstrated ability to assist people with disabilities to develop their independent living skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple tasks
- Capacity and willingness to work a 24-hour 7-day per week roster, including stand up shifts.
- Demonstrated ability to work under limited supervision
- Sound computer knowledge
- A commitment to work within the Catholic Care Mission, Vision and Values
What we offer:
CatholicCare offers competitive salaries and benefits, tax free salary packaging, discounted gym memberships, and rewarding career paths.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a national police check, complete a health assessment declaration, current Working with Children Check and have rights to work within Australia.
For any questions regarding this role please contact Hayley Wright on HWright@catholiccare.org.au
*Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.* Applications close 5.00pm Wednesday 12th December 2018
For further information please contact on .