Carer Engagement Facilitator
CatholicCare Social Services Hunter-Manning is a not-for-profit organisation and a mission and outreach agency of the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. Our services include a range of child and family, youth services, disability and community services and out of home care (adoptions and foster care) services.
CatholicCare is currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Carer Engagement Facilitator to work within the Permanency Support Team across the Hunter Manning Area.
In this role you will connect proactively & respectfully with CatholicCare Foster & Relative Carers in the Permanency Support Program’s Care team to engage all parties in trauma informed care. You will support carers through their specific caring journey to achieve safe home for life through Restoration, Guardianship or Open Adoption.
If you are passionate about best outcomes for children in foster care, if you align with our agreed values of Respect, Justice, Connection, Collaboration and Innovation, if you are keen to help “build a stronger, fairer and kinder society.” then we invite you to come join our Permanency team circle.
The agency will support your wellbeing with a peer support buddy, supervision, ongoing learning, reflective practice and care team meetings.
- Qualification in Social Welfare, Social Work or Psychology, preferably at a degree level or working towards and/or equivalent experience in the delivery of OOHC or PSP.
- Direct experience in collaboration and a commitment to a team work approach.
- Sound understanding of child development, the impact of trauma and current child protection legislation.
- Experience in providing individual support, and ability to use creative and flexible approaches to identify & meet the needs of families.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, manage time effectively and concurrently meet the needs of the program.
- Ability to implement record keeping and report writing practices in accordance with legislation with strong computer literacy.
- Willingness to work outside of regular business hours.
- Current driver licence and use of own vehicle with comprehensive car insurance
- Current paid Working with Children Check
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate
- Ability to deliver training and other presentations to groups to a high standard.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting carer assessments.
- Professional experience in casework, Child Protection or Out of Home Care.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a national police check, hold a current employee working with children check, complete a health assessment declaration, hold a current NSW drivers license, and have the ability to work within Australia. The successful applicant will also be required to use their own vehicle for work purposes and have comprehensive car insurance.
To apply for this position please address the essential and desirable criteria, and provide a resume and current work related referees who can be contacted via telephone.
Applications Close: Sunday 25 February 2018 11:59pm
***Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted***
For further information please contact Carer Recruitment and Support Manager on 02 4944 0708.