Parenting Partner Caseworker - Family Preservation (1)
CatholicCare Social Services is seeking a self-motivated individual to join our team in a newly created role, Parenting Partner Caseworker - Family Preservation on a maximum term 18 Month contract, till 30th June 2020 based in Singleton.
As part of the Preservation Team the Parenting Partner will work alongside a small number of families to assess and coach parents to recognise strengths, overcome problems and develop parenting knowledge and build on parent craft skills, to provide safe and secure home environment.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience and qualifications in social welfare. The Parenting Partner Casework needs to have a sound understanding of Trauma Informed Practice along with a strong affinity and understanding of Aboriginal Culture.
CatholicCare offers competitive salaries and benefits, including tax free salary packaging, laptop, discounted gym memberships, and rewarding career paths.
If you are interested in joining our team, please be sure to address the following selection criteria in your application:
- A commitment to the Vision, Mission and Values of our organisation.
- Relevant experience and Bachelor of social work, psychology, allied health, education or other social sciences.
- Demonstrated compassion towards and understanding of the holistic needs of children and families affected by trauma with experience working within a trauma informed practice model.
- A solid understanding of child development and milestones, issues affecting vulnerable & disadvantaged families, and an interest in assisting others to enhance parenting capacity.
- Ability to respectfully engage with and mentor birth families who come from many different walks of life to problem solve, increase positive outcomes & networks of support.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently (often in families homes) and as part of a team.
- An awareness of Aboriginal culture and the issues faced by them and people from CALD backgrounds that may impact on parental roles, family and community relationships.
- High-level interpersonal skills relating to effective communication, attention to detail, ability to inspire others and contribute to a positive team culture.
- Flexibility to be available outside of core business hours in performing duties
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a national police check, complete a health assessment declaration, hold a current NSW driver’s licence, current Working with Children Check and have the ability to work within Australia.
*Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.*
For more information and PD please contact Kim Creigh - KCreigh@catholiccare.org.au
Applications close: 5pm Friday 15th February 2019
For further information please contact Kim Creigh on .