Permanency Planner (1)
Newcastle, Maitland and Lake Macquarie
CatholicCare is seeking an enthusiastic caseworker to join our team. It is an exciting time to work at CatholicCare with the launch of the Permanency Support Program in October 2017. Our goal at CatholicCare is to provide a permanent ‘have life and have it to the full’ option for children who come into foster care and to achieve this within two years.
Our Permanency Support team includes a multidisciplinary circle of caseworkers, clinicians, birth parents, carers, and the child. The position is responsible for facilitating permanency pathways for C&YP within a 2 year timeframe.
The position of Permanency Planner is a Maximum Term position, which may continue until 1/10/2020. Consideration will be given to those seeking both full-time and part-time employment.
If you are passionate about best outcomes for children in foster care; if you align with our agreed values of Respect, Justice, Connection, Collaboration and Innovation; if you are keen to help ‘build a stronger, fairer and kinder society’, then we invite you to come join our circle.
- Qualification in Social Welfare, Social Work, Psychology or a related field, preferably at degree level (working towards) or extensive experience working with vulnerable families.
- Current driver licence and use of own vehicle with comprehensive car insurance.
- Current paid Working with Children Check
- Experience working with children/young people, parents/carers and families with a high commitment to child inclusive practice and best practice case work principles.
- Ability to build strong working relationships and motivate others to progress the most appropriate permanency option in a timely manner.
- Ability to engage with birth families from a place of compassion and neutrality.
- Experience in conducting articulate assessments and report writing for Court.
- Evidenced capacity to ensure all data, records and case plans are conducted and maintained according to set timeframes and quality standards.
- Sound understanding of child development, trauma and attachment theory.
- Proven commitment to work flexible hours as required for program success, including On Call roster.
- Experience working with people from a CALD and ATSI background.
- Ability to establish and maintain links with external service providers.
Working for CatholicCare
We offer a competitive salary and benefits to all our staff, including tax-free salary packaging, additional leave, gym memberships, and generous paid parental leave.
To be considered for an interview, applicants must provide a current resume together with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
Applicants may be required to undertake a national police check, complete a health assessment declaration, hold a current NSW driver’s licence, and have the ability to work within Australia.
*Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.*
Applications close 11.59pm Wednesday, 31 October 2018.
For further information please contact Care Team Manager, Allison Armstrong on 02 4923 0728.