Behaviour Support Planner / Therapist - Mayfield (1)
- Provide interventions to children, young people and other stakeholders.
- Work in one of the Hunter-Manning’s predominant social services organisations.
- Receive an attractive salary plus Salary Packaging (up to $15,899 per annum).
Are you a:
- Registered Psychologist.
- Occupational Therapist.
- Mental Health Accredited Social Worker.
- Behaviour Support Specialist.
If you’ve answered yes, then this position may be for you!
CatholicCare is seeking an experienced and passionate allied health professional to join our Care Team in Mayfield. Through undertaking a variety of assessments and formulating and writing positive behaviour support plans, you will provide interventions to children, young people and other stakeholders in the delivery of therapeutic care.
The ideal candidates will have experience using trauma-informed frameworks. You will have a strong commitment to meeting the needs of children and families affected by trauma utilising ARC and NMT.
These are permanent part-time position, working 30hrs per week across 4 days. The successful applicant must have the availability to occasionally work outside of core business hours to meet the needs of the role.
Join Us and Make a Difference to the Community
CatholicCare Social Services Hunter-Manning is a not-for-profit organisation and an agency of the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. We offer whole-of-community support and empowerment options to those in need regardless of religion, age, gender, physical and intellectual capacity, or ethnicity.
Benefits of Working With Us
- receive an attractive salary plus salary packaging (up to $15,899 per annum);
- receive up to 3 additional days leave annually, Bishop's Leave, between the Christmas and New Year Period;
- paid parental leave for eligible employees;
- fantastic ongoing training and development opportunities;
- a great friendly team environment of dedicated and passionate co-workers;
- discounted gym membership.
To be considered for the position you must individually address each of the selection criterion below.
- Tertiary Qualifications in psychology, occupational therapy, social worker, or other allied health services.
- A commitment to the Vision, Mission and Values of our organisation;
- Relevant experience and qualifications as a registered psychologist, occupational therapist or mental health accredited social worker.
- Demonstrated compassion towards, experience and understanding, of the holistic and therapeutic needs of children and families affected by trauma.
- Experience in developing, monitoring and delivering intervention strategies and/or Behaviour Support Plans for children and/or families in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- High-level interpersonal skills relating to effective communication, attention to detail, ability to inspire others, working collaboratively with and contributing to a positive team culture.
- Flexibility in occasionally being available outside of core business hours in performing duties of this position.
- Current NSW driver licence with access to own vehicle.
- Current paid Working with Children Check.
For more information about the role, including the position description, please click on the links either at the top or bottom of this advertisement or you can contact the Acting Care Team Manager, Sara Evans on 02 4923 0631.
To be considered for the position please provide a copy of your current resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
*Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.*
We Are A Child Safe Organisation
The Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is a child safe organisation, committed to the protection of children and has zero-tolerance of any abuse of children. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid Working with Children Check where necessary and comply with our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Positions identified as child related employment at the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle must have a valid Working With Children Check. For more information, please visit the NSW Office of Children’s Guardian.
This position has been determined as child related and a current Working With Children Check for paid employment is required. Applicants must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children.
The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening including the completion of a National Police Check, where applicable the retention of a valid Working with Children Check and adoption and compliance with our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Applications close 11.59pm on Wednesday, 3 March 2021.
For further information please contact the Acting Care Team Manager, Sara Evans on 02 4923 0631.