Care Team Worker - Part-time
CatholicCare Hunter-Manning is a not-for-profit provider of a range of services to individuals, families, and groups. It is an agency of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. There are approximately 160 employees operating in over four separate sites across the Hunter and Manning regions.
Due to an exciting implementation of a new therapeutic care model, a number of Care Team Worker roles at CatholicCare have been created.
The position of Care Team Worker will be responsible for the provision of therapeutic care and support in a home like environment to people with disabilities (intellectual, physical and mental) who reside in CatholicCare’s community based supported accommodation homes. Care Team Workers actively work with the people we support to assist them to live as independently as possible in the community.
Day-to-day tasks include supporting people to dress, maintain hygiene, cook and clean and assist the people we support meet their hopes, dreams and aspirations as identified and outlined in their person centred plans. CatholicCare supports the ethos of the NDIS and promotes choice and control for each of the people we support.
Care Team Workers must have a strong commitment to working as part of an end to end therapeutic care team where reflection leads to better practice and the needs of the people we support are the primary consideration at all times.
- Cert III in Community Services, Disabilities or Mental Health or equivalent.
- Minimum two years’ experience working with people with a disability.
- Current Senior First aid certificate.
- NSW Driver Licence.
- An understanding of the principals of therapeutic care in a support accommodation environment.
- Ability to remain calm and reflective in crisis situations.
- Excellent domestic skills including meal preparation and cooking, washing and cleaning.
- Demonstrated ability to assist people with disabilities to develop their independent living skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Commitment to a person centred approach.
- Capacity and willingness to work a 24-hour 7-day per week roster, including stand up shifts.
- An understanding and a commitment to work within the Disability Service Standards.
- An understanding and commitment to work within the professional boundaries of an employee relationship.
- Demonstrated ability to work under limited supervision.
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft programs and the ability to use web based client information systems.
- A commitment to work within the Catholic Care Mission, Vision and Values.
The position offers a range of benefits including: a friendly and supportive working environment, tax free salary packaging, and professional development.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a national police check, complete a health assessment declaration, and hold the right to work in Australia.
To apply for this position please address the essential and desirable criteria, and provide a resume and current work related referees who can be contacted via telephone.
***Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted.
Applications close 5:00pm on Monday, 3rd April 2017.
For further information please contact NDIS Program Manager - Andrea Walters on 02 4923 0674.