Carer Recruitment & Support Caseworker
CatholicCare Social Services Hunter-Manning is a not-for-profit organisation and a mission and outreach agency of the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. Our services include a range of child and family, youth services, disability and community services and out of home care (adoptions and foster care) services.
This position will undertake recruitment, review, support and education of carers, and assist in making suitable placements for children and young people entering the CatholicCare OOHC Program.
- A degree in Social Welfare, Social Work or Psychology and/or equivalent experience in the delivery and management of OOHC.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, manage time effectively and concurrently meet the needs of the program and various stakeholders in the OOHC system.
- Highly developed interpersonal, reflective practice and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to implement good record keeping and report writing practices, with sufficient computer skill to support this.
- Sound understanding of child development, the impact of trauma and current child protection legislation.
- Experience in providing individual support, and ability to use creative and flexible approaches to meet the needs of Authorised Carers.
- Ability to deliver training and other presentations to groups to a high standard.
- Willingness to work outside of business hours.
- Current driver licence and use of own vehicle with comprehensive car insurance.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting carer assessments.
- Professional experience in casework, Child Protection and Out Of Home Care.
- Experience and skills working directly with carers.
The position offers a range of benefits including: a friendly and supportive working environment, tax free salary packaging, and professional development.
This position is permanent full time and falls under Level 4 in the SCHADS Award.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a national police check, hold a current employee working with children check, complete a health assessment declaration, hold a current NSW drivers license, and have the ability to work within Australia. The successful applicant will also be required to use their own vehicle for work purposes and have comprehensive car insurance.
To apply for this position please address the essential and desirable criteria, and provide a resume and current work related referees who can be contacted via telephone.
***Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted***
Applications Close: Wednesday, 18th October 2017 11:59pm
For further information please contact Carer & Recruitment Support Manager - Kim Creigh on 02 4944 0703.