Caseworker - Family Preservation - Maitland - Full-Time
- Work with parents to help them build safe home environments for children.
- Work in one of the Hunter-Manning’s predominant social services organisations.
- Excellent training, mentoring/coaching & exceptional salary packaging benefits.
CatholicCare Social Services Hunter-Manning is seeking an experienced Caseworker to work with families in the Lower and Upper Hunter areas (based in Maitland) who are experiencing multiple vulnerabilities and whose children are at risk of entering foster care. Through assessing families, you will coach parents to recognise their strengths, overcome problems and develop parenting knowledge to provide a safe and secure home environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience using trauma-informed frameworks and a commitment to meeting the needs of children, young people and their families while treating these families with the dignity and respect they deserve. You will work with a multidisciplinary team to do everything possible to prevent children and young people from entering foster care.
Internally this position is Parenting Partner Caseworker.
Please note, the successful applicant must have the flexibility to be available to work, at times, outside of core business hours to perform the duties of the position.
This is a permanent full-time position.
Join Us and Make a Difference to the Community
CatholicCare Social Services Hunter-Manning is a not-for-profit organisation and an agency of the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. We offer whole-of-community support and empowerment options to those in need regardless of religion, age, gender, physical and intellectual capacity, or ethnicity.
- you have a Bachelor Degree in psychology, social work, allied health, education or other social services discipline, with relevant experience working with families with multiple vulnerabilities.
- you have compassion towards and an understanding of the needs of children and families affected by trauma.
- you are experienced in working with a trauma informed framework.
- you possess a positive ‘can do’, resilient attitude.
Benefits of Working With Us
- receive an attractive salary with salary packaging (up to $15,899 per annum);
- receive 3 additional days leave, Bishop’s Leave, between the Christmas and the New Year period annually;
- ongoing training and development opportunities;
- a great friendly environment of dedicated and passionate co-workers;
- employee assistance program;
- discounted gym membership.
- a commitment to the Vision, Mission and Values of our organisation;
- relevant experience and Bachelor of social work, psychology, allied health, education or other social sciences discipline;
- experience working within a trauma informed practice model;
- a solid understanding of child development and milestones, issues affecting vulnerable & disadvantaged families, and an interest in assisting others to enhance parenting capacity;
- ability to respectfully engage with and mentor birth families who come from many different walks of life to problem solve, increase positive outcomes & networks of support;
- an awareness of Aboriginal culture and the issues faced by them and people from CALD backgrounds that may impact on parental roles, family and community relationships;
- current NSW driver licence and use of own vehicle;
- current paid Working with Children Check.
To be considered for the position please provide a copy of your current resume and a cover letter individually addressing each of the essential criteria.
*Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.*
The Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is a child safe organisation, committed to the protection of children and has zero-tolerance of any abuse of children. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid Working with Children Check where necessary and comply with our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Positions identified as child related employment at the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle must have a valid Working With Children Check. For more information, please visit the NSW Office of Children’s Guardian.
This position has been determined as child related and a current Working With Children Check for paid employment is required. Applicants must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children.
Applications close 11.59pm on Sunday, 20 September 2020.
For further information please contact the Family Preservation Team Manager, Natalie Cowper on 0448 334 393.