- Lead a team who provide quality cleaning services to various properties.
- Work in one of the Hunter-Manning’s predominant social services organisations.
- Receive a competitive salary, salary packaging benefits, training and more.
Join Us and Make a Difference to the Community
CatholicCare Social Services Hunter-Manning is a not-for-profit organisation and an agency of the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. We offer whole-of-community support and empowerment options to those in need regardless of religion, age, gender, physical and intellectual capacity, or ethnicity.
CatholicCare provides a range of programs including Permanency Support, Mental Health, Clinical Services, Domestic Violence Support, AOD Programs, Early Intervention Child Protection, Family Preservation, NDIS Support, Refugee Programs, Homeless Food Services and Social Enterprises.
CatholicCare’s Social Enterprise Businesses include a commercial cleaning business that aims to assist vulnerable people to live, learn and earn by providing employment, on the job training and access to qualifications so our employees are empowered to find alternative employment in the marketplace or start their own small business.
The position of Cleaning Supervisor is a hands on role and will lead a team of cleaners to ensure that cleaning services are delivered to the highest standards possible. You will be responsible for quoting and scheduling work and promoting the cleaning service within the community to generate new business.
There are great opportunities to grow the business with any profit generated used to fund CatholicCare’s grassroots social justice programs such as our community kitchens that serve hot nutritious meals to vulnerable people in our local communities.
The position requires a strong communicator who has the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds. You will have a customer service focus second to none.
Reporting to CatholicCare’s Assistant Director your responsibilities will include:
- leading and supervising a team to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and sanitisation;
- developing awareness of the service to generate new business;
- training and developing new and existing employees to ensure our high standards of service are achieved at all times;
- general cleaning work;
- quoting jobs and tasks;
- rostering employees to meet our service agreements.
As the portfolio of clients expands you will also be required to undertake cleaning duties at new sites. This may include schools, parishes, presbyteries and other Diocesan offices.
The position is being offered on a permanent part-time basis working 22.5hrs per week, ideally across 3 days per week. Days of work can be negotiated. Flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the position with additional hours being required at times to meet the needs of the role and the service.
Benefits of Working With Us
- Receive an attractive salary plus salary packaging (up to $15,899 per annum).
- Receive up to 3 additional days leave annually, Bishop's Leave, between the Christmas and New Year Period.
- Fantastic ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A great friendly team environment of dedicated and passionate co-workers.
- Discounted gym membership.
To be considered for the position you must individually address each of the Essential and Desirable criterion below.
- Certificate IV in Cleaning Management or willingness to attain.
- Certificate III in Cleaning Operations (minimum) or equivalent experience.
- A commitment to work within the Mission, Vision and Values of CatholicCare.
- Minimum 2 years commercial cleaning experience.
- Previous experience and or ability to lead and encourage team members to work effectively together.
- Sound understanding of the pricing and quoting process for commercial cleaning.
- Ability to provide verbal and written reports, as necessary to ensure our clients are receiving the best services and quality care.
- Excellent work ethic and a desire to provide a high-quality commercial cleaning maintenance service.
- The patience and empathy to coach staff from refugee and asylum seeker backgrounds and young people who have been in care.
- Good time management and communication skills.
- The ability to adhere to company WH&S policies ensuring a safe and productive workplace.
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence.
For more information about the role, including a copy of the position description, please click on the links above and below this ad or for a confidential conversation about the position you can contact the Talent Partner, Kelly Gibson on 02 4979 1121.
Please provide a copy of your current resume and a cover letter individually addressing each of the essential criterion.
*Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.*
CatholicCare Social Services Hunter-Manning & the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is a child safe organisation, committed to the protection of children and has zero-tolerance of any abuse of children. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid Working with Children Check where necessary and comply with our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Positions identified as child related employment at the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle must have a valid Working With Children Check. For more information, please visit the NSW Office of Children’s Guardian.
The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening including the completion of a National Police Check, where applicable the retention of a valid Working with Children Check and adoption and compliance with our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Applications close 11.59pm on Thursday, 22 July 2021.
For further information please contact the Talent Partner, Kelly Gibson on 02 4979 1121.