Creative Arts Coordinator
- Develop and facilitate Art and Music programs to assist young people develop self-awareness and self-esteem.
- Work in one of the Hunter-Manning’s predominant social services organisations.
- Receive an attractive salary plus Salary Packaging (up to $15,899 per annum).
CatholicCare is seeking a talented Creative Arts Coordinator to develop and facilitate art and music programs for young people within its Supported Independent Living (SIL) Program. The focus of this position is to coach young people to develop social skills and connect their emotions through art with the primary goal being for them to grow and develop, process and express their feelings, build friendships with peers and in the community.
The Creative Arts Program will also provide an opportunity to assist the young people to be attuned with their emotions, cultivate coping mechanisms, build confidence and develop self-awareness and self-esteem.
This is a maximum term part-time position until June 2020, working 25hrs per week across 4 days.
Join Us and Make a Difference to the Community
CatholicCare Social Services Hunter-Manning is a not-for-profit organisation and an agency of the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. We offer whole-of-community support and empowerment options to those in need regardless of religion, age, gender, physical and intellectual capacity, or ethnicity.
- you have demonstrated artistic abilities including planning and creating art projects and developing art and music programs;
- you have demonstrated experience in positively engaging with young people with success in engaging them in art and/or music;
- you have an understanding of trauma informed practices;
- you possess a positive ‘can do’, resilient attitude.
Benefits of Working With Us
- receive an attractive salary with salary packaging (up to $15,899 per annum);
- receive up to 3 additional days Bishop Leave between the Christmas and New Year period;
- ongoing training and development opportunities;
- a great friendly environment of dedicated and passionate co-workers;
- employee assistance program;
- discounted gym membership.
- Qualification in Visual Arts, Education or a related field, preferably at degree level (working towards) and/or extensive experience creating art with young people.
- A commitment to the Vision, Mission and Values of our organisation.
- Understanding of the NSW Permanency Support Program system and needs of young people within it.
- Ability to build rapport effectively with young people that promote access to programs and ongoing engagement.
- Understanding of trauma informed practices
- Demonstrated artistic capabilities and experience in engaging young people in art and music.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Commitment to confidentiality and building positive working relationships with all stakeholders in the Supported Independent Living program.
- Ability to establish and maintain connections within the community.
- Current NSW Driver Licence;
- Current Working with Children Check for paid employment;
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- experience working with people from a CALD and ATSI background;
- qualification in Social Welfare, Social Work, Psychology or a related field, preferably at degree level (working towards) or extensive experience working with young people;
- experience working with youth who demonstrate challenging behaviour.
To be considered for the position please provide a copy of your current resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, both essential and desirable.
Applicants may be required to undertake a national police check, hold a current employee Working With Children Check, complete a health assessment declaration, hold a current NSW driver's licence, and have the ability to work within Australia.
*Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.*
Applications close 11.59pm on Wednesday, 24 July 2019.
For further information please contact on .