Taree, NSW (2hrs north of Newcastle)
- Part-time or Full-time Work Pattern Available & Is Tailored To The Right Candidate.
- Sea-Change Opportunity in the beautiful Manning Valley, Taree.
- Permanent Role | Full Salary Packaging | Additional Days Leave | Great Training.
An historic town on the banks of the beautiful Manning River, Taree is the vibrant centre of the Manning Valley and a great base for exploring the national parks and beautiful beaches of the Barrington Coast. As the major service town for the region, Taree has all the facilities, accommodation, restaurants and cafes, farmers markers and activities you need while still within reach of nature’s bounty. Our main Manning office is located in Taree township, with beautiful liveable coastal towns within just 10-15 mins drive including Old Bar, Forster and Diamond Beach. Support for relocation is an option for the right candidate.
We are looking for a Psychologist to join our expanding Therapeutic Services Team (Counselling & Assessment). We offer diverse clinical opportunities through our multiple referral sources, providing counselling and clinical assessments to a demographic of clients ranging from the most vulnerable people in the community, to corporate coaching and training in our EAP business.
We offer permanent employment, competitive remuneration, individual and group supervision, external professional development, and flexible hours; all aimed at creating a culture of excellence alongside work life balance.
We are in the process of rebranding our CatholicCare Counselling & Assessment Team as The Rosewood Centre, which already has its flagship office open in Newcastle (https://rosewoodcentre.com.au).
Additional Benefits include:
- attractive salary with salary packaging (up to $15,899 per annum);
- receive up to 3 additional days leave annually between the Christmas and New Year Period;
- paid parental leave for eligible employees;
- ongoing training and development opportunities;
- a great friendly environment of dedicated and passionate co-workers;
- discounted gym membership
You will provide clinical services in our Taree office in line with your areas of interest and skill set, primarily counselling and therapy, and ideally some clinical assessment services (experience in Autism and/or Cognitive assessments is desirable). It is similar clinical experience to what you might encounter in a private practice setting, but with a more sustainable workload. You will also have the opportunity to give back to our community with some fully subsidised counselling programs.
We are seeking a Provisional, Registered or Clinical Psychologist. Work pattern is tailored to the right candidate - Full or Part-time/Flexible hours and some work from home options available.
*Please note, to be considered for this position you must provide individual responses to each of the selection criteria below, both essential and desirable.*
- AHPRA Registered or Clinical Psychologist.
- Experience in counselling clients with complex clinical needs across the lifespan.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including: the ability to build rapport with clients; the ability to create a positive client/customer experience.
- Ability and experience working in a fast paced clinical environment.
- A willingness to work across various sites, depending on need.
- Current Working With Children Check.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Experience in psychometric and other clinical assessments (such as autism assessments, cognitive, achievement and developmental assessments).
For more information about the role, including the position description, please click on the links above or below this ad or you can contact the Manager - Counselling and Clinical Services, Kelly Pavan at The Rosewood Centre 1800 613 155.
To be considered for the position please provide a copy of your current resume and a cover letter addressing each of the essential and desirable selection criteria.
*Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.*
Applicants may be required to undertake a national police check, hold a current employee Working With Children Check, complete a health assessment declaration, hold a current NSW driver's licence, and have the ability to work within Australia.
The Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is a child safe organisation, committed to the protection of children and has zero-tolerance of any abuse of children. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid Working with Children Check where necessary and comply with our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Positions identified as child related employment at the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle must have a valid Working With Children Check. For more information, please visit the NSW Office of Children’s Guardian.
This position has been determined as child related and a current Working With Children Check for paid employment is required. Applicants must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children.
The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening including the completion of a National Police Check, where applicable the retention of a valid Working with Children Check and adoption and compliance with our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Applications close 11.59pm on Thursday, 30 September 2021.
For further information please contact the Manager - Counselling and Clinical Services, Kelly Pavan on 1800 613 155.