CatholicCare offers a range of clinical assessments, which are designed to ensure you are receiving practical and suitable support to live your life to the fullest. You do not need a referral from a health professional for a clinical assessment.
The types of clinical assessments available include:
- Autism assessments
- Assessments are available for both children and adults.
- Intellectual/cognitive & Memory
- An intellectual/cognitive assessment provides information regarding intellectual ability as well as potential disability. Assessments are available for both children and adults. This is a useful assessment for NDIS and Centrelink purposes, possibly in combination with other functioning assessments.
- CatholicCare can assess different components of memory which is then able to inform learning or provide information for further evaluation, if necessary.
- CatholicCare is able to provide a neurodevelopmental assessment utilising the NEPSY-II. This assessment provides information about a child’s functioning in the domains of:
- Executive functioning
- Memory and learning
- Sensorimotor functioning
- Social perception
- Visuospatial processing
- A sensory profile utilising the Sensory Profile 2 (children and adults) may be administered. The Sensory Profile™ 2 family of assessments assists to evaluate an individual’s sensory processing patterns in the context of everyday life. This can help determine how sensory processing may be contributing to or interfering with the individual’s participation in activities.
- Behavioural and Adaptive Functioning
- CatholicCare utilises the ABAS-3 to assess adaptive functioning across the lifespan – providing a complete picture of abilities and difficulties. It is particularly useful for evaluating those with developmental delays, autism spectrum disorder, intellectual disability, learning disabilities, neuropsychological disorders, and sensory or physical impairments.
- Screening for ADHD/ADD
- Screening tools are available for both adults and children. These tools provide information that can be provided for further evaluation by paediatricians or psychiatrists.
Each assessment may vary in length of time required and a confirmation email/quote will be provided by CatholicCare upon your enquiry.
If you would like to book an appointment, please contact us using the form below.