CatholicCare offers a range of clinical assessments, which are designed to ensure you are receiving practical and suitable support to live your life to the fullest. You do not need a referral from a health professional for a clinical assessment.
The types of clinical assessments available include:
- Autism assessments
- Intellectual/cognitive and memory
- provides information regarding intellectual ability as well as potential disability. Assessments are available for children and adults. This is a useful assessment for NDIS and Centrelink purposes, possibly in combination with other functioning assessments.
- CatholicCare can assess different components of memory that can then inform learning or provide information for further evaluation, if necessary.
- CatholicCare offers a NEPSY-II neurodevelopmental assessment, which provides information about a child’s functioning in the domains of:
- executive functioning
- memory and learning
- sensorimotor functioning
- social perception
- visuospatial processing
- using the Sensory Profile™ 2 (children and adults) to evaluate an individual’s sensory processing patterns in the context of everyday life. This can help determine if sensory processing is contributing to or interfering with the individual’s participation in activities.
- Behavioural and adaptive functioning
- CatholicCare uses the ABAS-3 to assess adaptive functioning across the lifespan — providing a complete picture of abilities and difficulties. It is particularly useful for evaluating those with developmental delays, autism spectrum disorder, intellectual disability, learning disabilities, neuropsychological disorders, and sensory or physical impairments.
- Screening for ADHD/ADD
- Screenings tools for adults and children. These tools provide information for further evaluation by paediatricians or psychiatrists.
Each assessment may vary in length of time required and CatholicCare will provide a confirmation email/quote upon your enquiry.
If you would like to book an appointment, please contact us using the form below.